A Whitelighter's body is a replica of their former human body, but is composed of "orbs": blue and white globules of "energy-plasmoids" that have a healing sense to them. Thus even in its solid state when it appears to be made of flesh, tissue, and bone, a Whitelighter's body is no longer truly organic. Due to no longer being organic, Whitelighters do not need to eat, sleep, or eliminate waste products anymore.
Whitelighters lack DNA, but they do have something analogous to genetic material.
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality: Whitelighters are unaging and have a potentially limitless lifespan.
- Orbing: Whitelighter can magically transform themselves, their clothing, and a certain amount of additional mass which is in contact with them into a swarm of "orbs". While in this state, they can fly; are intangible and incapable of being harmed except by the most rigorous mystical means; and can teleport from one point to another virtually instantaneously through a process known as "orbing". Whitelighters teleport by displacing themselves into another dimension (the neutral plane), travelling through it via an unconscious direction-finding sense and returning to their own dimension. On returning, their power automatically displace any extraneous liquids and gases. The entire process occurs so quickly that Whitelighters are unaware of being in another dimension at all. Whitelighters have an extrasensory ability that prevents them from materializing part or all of their body within a solid object. The longer the distance over which a Whitelighter teleports themself, the harder and more exhausting it is for them to make the teleportational "orb." Carrying mass other than their body and clothing when teleporting adds strain to their body. Whitelighters must also maintain physical contact with the person or object they "orb" along themselves for the effect to work with this other person or object. Whitelighters instinctively will themselves to turn into orbs whenever struck. It is not known if there is a limit to how long a Whitelighter can remain in an "orbed" state.
- Reconstitution: Apparently a Whitelighter's orbs each possess some form of attraction for one another so that their disintegrated consciousness can draw all of the globules back into cohesion after total dispersal. It is not known if there is a limit to the globules' ability to attract one another.
- Healing: Whitelighters can magically induce rapid healing in the bodies of injured or diseased people. However, healing particularly sever damage to another person's body can cause a Whitelighter great physical strain. When using this ability, a bright white light emanates from the Whitelighter's hands.
- Lumikinetic Explosive Light Blasts: Whitelighters have the ability to magically generate "orbs" varying in degrees of power and intensity, which are under their direct mental control. The orbs travel where they direct them, arranging themselves in balls, streamers, and other shapes, and exploding when they wish. These combinations may result in anything from a multitude of blue and white colored sparkles capable of temporarily blinding a person to a fairly powerful detonation, capable of smashing tree trunks or metal objects. Whitelighters can absorb these "orbs" back into their own body without harm to themselves.
- Empathic Linking: Whitelighters have an intuitive "sixth-sense" allowing them to form limited empathic links with other living beings, though these links are stronger and more easily formed with mystical beings and fellow Whitelighters; the less magical or supernatural the life-form, the more effort it takes to form a link. Once linked to another being, Whitelighters can sense if they experience mental or physical distress, and Whitelighters gain an intuitive, quasi-mystical awareness of their location. Through this empathic link, Whitelighters can telepathically translate the language of the person they are linked with and this rapport also allows their charge to hear a language they understand when said Whitelighter speaks to them. Their mystic senses can be briefly overwhelmed by forming and maintaining links with several beings at once, though they can sever a link at any time.
- Emotional Imbalance:
- Magic: Whitelighters are susceptible to the effects of magic, and can be killed by wounds that caused by powerful magical means.