|“||A long time ago, in a little Mediterranean village, there was a girl. As she came of age, the village girl began to manifest psychic abilities, a trait that had been forbidden in her land for as long as anyone could remember.||”|
— Sybil to Phoebe about Psychics.
Psychics were a subset of humans, though classified as a supernatural species, with profound moral and spiritual insight or knowledge; a seer or a soothsayer who possesses intuitive powers.
The earliest known psychics were Sybil and Seline, who were banished to an island that was the an entrance into the Underworld. Seline used her powers to lure men on to the island in order to be butchered and eaten. They eventually became the first and only known Sirens, immortal creatures that feasted on human flesh. Additionally, they retained their psychic abilities.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Psychics can be born with any number of mental powers, although, they seldom possess more than a singular psychic ability. According to James Moseley, psychics develop any powers they will receive by the age of eighteen.
- Telepathy: The ability to enter into the minds of others to read their thoughts and access their memories.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with the mind.
- Empathy: The ability to identify the emotional feelings of another person.
- Aura Reading: The ability to perceive energy fields surrounding various people, places and things.
- Clairvoyance: The ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses.
- Mediumship: The ability to communicate with deceased people.
- Astral Projection: The ability of transporting one's spiritual self from one location to another by supernatural means.
- Magic : Psychics are susceptible to the effects of magic.
- Mortality: Despite their mental abilities, psychics are still human and share many of the same weaknesses as non-supernatural beings (e.g. age, decapitation, disease, heart-failure, suffocation, etc.) as well as the physical limitations.
- Staff of Arcadius: An ancient Mesopotamian tuning fork that operates at an unknown frequency that is capable of disrupting psychic abilities. When coupled with the Maxwell Striker and Founders Bell, it has the potential to release jellfire, capable of destroying everything in it's path, including psychics.