|“||You're the heart of this family, Piper.||”|
Piper Halliwell is the oldest Charmed One after the death of her older sister, Prue. She is the wife of Leo Wyatt and the mother of their three children: Wyatt, Chris, and Melinda Halliwell. After the death of Prue, Piper is considered to be the most powerful of the three sisters. Her powers work through the manipulation of molecules: slowing them down to the point where things freeze, and speeding them up to either induce heat or cause explosions.
Piper was born on August 7th, 1993 to Patty Halliwell and Victor Bennett. She was born with the Wiccan power of Molecular Immobilization. On March 24th, 1995, she was visited by her future self who, along with the future selves of her sisters, tried to unbind the bond that her mother had made with the warlock Nicholas. Against her will, she had promised him the powers of her daughters and had granted him immunity from those powers by blessing his ring.
Sometime during November 1995, Piper and her older sister Prue Halliwell welcomed their little sister Phoebe Halliwell into the world. After her birth, their grandmother, Penny, bound their powers in order to keep them safe from Nicholas. To ensure their safety and a normal childhood, Penny erased all magic-related memories, causing them to forget about magic and their abilities.
In her teen years, Piper didn't quite know where she fit in; according to Prue she was like Jan Brady. Piper also felt she was ordinary compared to her sisters, Prue and Phoebe. However, Grams reassured Piper that she was special, that she was kind and caring, and the best little helper Grams had.
Piper eventually graduated from Baker High School in 2012, but didn't yet have the courage to go away to school and stayed home throughout her college career. Eventually, she graduated and became an accountant at a bank even though it was her desire to become a chef.
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The power to cast spells; a "spell" being the word used to signify the means employed to carry out a magical action.
- Potion Brewing: The power to brew and concoct potions, remedies and elixirs that have supernatural properties. Due to her cookery skills, Piper is well known for her potion making talent, once being dubbed "the potions master" by Phoebe. One of her potions knocked Cole and Phoebe off their feet when she threw it at them, her sleeping potion completely knocked out both Phoebe and Prue, while another potion of hers immobilized Paige and Leo by encapsulating their feet. She also knew that there was no such thing as a "courage potion".
- Channeling: The power to invoke extra forms of energy by focusing on external forces. A witch can only ever channel so much power. Going beyond that limit risks the witch disintegrating from the inside out.
- Kinetic Energy Manipulation: Piper's body has a bio-kinetic charge which can expand, surrounding her body, and she can mentally manipulate all forms of kinetic energy, the energy of motion, down even to the molecular level. Although Piper often gestures when using her kinetic powers, she can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.
- Peak-Human Condition: Piper's internal energies protects her from internal injuries, as well as giving her peak human agility, endurance, reflexes, speed, stamina and strength.
- Static Interference: Piper's ability to tap energy creates a static interference that shields her mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths. The shield has the added effect of destabilizing certain touch-based abilities.
- Energy Blast: Piper can direct her bio-kinetic energy in great storms of bioluminescent force. By releasing her store bio-kinetic energy in focus beams, she can project powerful energy blasts from her hands. The force of these blasts depends on how much kinetic energy she uses; she can project a maximum concussive force of at least 350 pounds per square inch.
- Force Field: Piper can form bio-kinetic energy barriers, and these barriers protect her from anything invested with kinetic energy (e.g. physical blows, bullets, falls, etc.). Piper's kinetic barrier normally extends a few inches from her body, but she can expand the barrier to enclose much greater areas. She once used it to protect a small crowd of people without any loss of its durability. The shielding afforded by kinetic barriers offers little protection against weapons based on non-kinetic energy like thermal (e.g., flamethrowers) or electrical (e.g., tasers).
- Molecular Speed Manipulation: By a combination of gestures and mental concentration, Piper can manipulate kinetic energy to affect molecular agitation: slowing it down to the point where things freeze, and speeding it up to either induce heat or cause explosions.
- Molecular Immobilization: Within her immediate vicinity, Piper can freeze kinetic energy at a molecular level so that objects, people, and even energy discharges instantly freeze in place and appear completely motionless, simulating the stoppage of time in a localized range. As Piper's stasis effectively halts electronic transport through nerve cells and thus cognitive processing, all those affected by this event don't perceive anything until the effects wear off. Her immobilization can be used as a preservation device, mainly for biological tissue; while a person's body is held in stasis, they apparently do not require sustenance to survive and do not physically age. Piper can selectively immobilize specific objects of her choosing, rather than everything in the entire area. With great concentration, Piper can continuously hold kinetic energy to keep people or objects suspended for as long as she wills it. An object she has immobilized and ceased to concentrate on will remain immobile for about five minutes before the effects of her powers wear off and and her target regains its mobility; Piper can unfreeze an object she has frozen at will, even freezing an entire object, then unfreezing only part of it. Piper's immobilization can also be broken with enough physical manipulation; for example, telekinetics can unfreeze someone with said power without necessarily affecting them by stimulating the affected's molecules. If Piper is rendered unconscious, the effects of her power immediately ends. By totally depriving an object of its kinetic energy, Piper is able to disrupt its momentum, as seen when she caused a dagger thrown at her to fall to the floor after she unfroze it instead of it resuming its original trajectory path.
- Molecular Combustion: Piper can charge matter bio-kinetically on a molecular level, speeding up its molecules to the point it spontaneously explodes or combusts. The only real limitations to this ability is determined by an object's size and durability: the larger and more durable something is the harder/longer it is to induce combustion in it. The largest object she ever caused to explode practically instantly was a truck door entrance to a warehouse. It once took her four tries to break down a much smaller gate, although this object was magically reinforced. She can manipulate the potency of her bio-kinetic energy to control the intensity of her explosions, displaying enough control to deflect enemy attacks back at them in a similar way to telekinesis, or cause molecular discomfort, producing no explosion and resulting in her target being knocked back or stumbling. Apparently, when Piper wants to induce an explosion in matter, she has to aim her bio-kinetic energy at her target in order for it to explode and has the potential of missing her target, since this energy will induce an explosive effect in the first solid object it comes into contact with, similar to throwing a projectile.
- Molecular Acceleration: Piper can manipulate the potency of her bio-kinetic energy to reverberate molecules at a speed which causes them to rapidly heat up and sometimes become disordered; this can often result in either melting or ignition.
- Magical Senses: Piper's senses are innately honed to a state of heightened awareness, making her more perceptively aware of the world around her than ordinary humans, particularly in regards to magic. Her mystic vision enables her to see through magical illusions and disguises; detect cases of demonic or mystic possession; see demonic or mystical energy auras at a distance; detect and identify all forms of mystic energy near her; and perceive supernatural creatures who are otherwise normally invisible to the naked human eye (e.g. reapers, faeries, and ghosts).
- The Power of Three: The bond and connection between Piper and her sisters, known as the Charmed Ones, who are said to be the most powerful trio of witches. Piper and her sisters use their powers to protect innocent lives and vanquish demons, often invoking their joint "Power of Three" to defeat their enemies. Evidently, there are certain spells that require the Power of Three and cannot be cast by even the most powerful witches, like Penny Halliwell.
- Telepathic Link: Piper shares a psychic link with her sisters, which makes communication with each other easier and practically untraceable. Piper and her sisters can even cast spells invoking the Power of Three mentally, without the need to vocally recite their spells.
- Immunity: As an upper-level witch, Piper is inherently immune to certain magical abilities (e.g. vampiric compulsion).
- Cullinary Skills: Piper is proven to be a skilled chef, a talent which lends itself to her potion-making.
- Combat Skills: While Piper has shown some gymnastic and athletic ability, unlike her sisters Phoebe and Prue, Piper has never pursued martial arts and is not particularly adept at physical combat. She was able to hold her own in a fight against Katya with a sai as her weapon, though she was ultimately defeated.