|“||I have known you your entire life, there is not a mean bone in your body.||”|
— Piper talking to Phoebe.
Phoebe Halliwell is the middle sister of the Charmed Ones following the death of her oldest sister, Prue and the discovery of her younger half-sister, Paige. She is the wife of a Cupid named Coop and the mother of their children, P.J., Parker, and Peyton Halliwell. She was once pregnant with and lost a son while she was married to her ex-husband Cole Turner.
Phoebe was often considered the weakest of The Charmed Ones by demons due to her primary powers being more inclined to be passive than active. However, she consistently proved them wrong with her formidable martial-arts skills and her remarkable spell-casting talent. Her Wiccan powers gradually evolved, coming to include dangerously offensive aspects that could match those of her sisters: Premonition, Levitation, Empathic Telepathy and Psychic Reflection. Besides this, Phoebe possesses the basic powers of a witch: the ability to cast spells (which is her specialty), brew potions, scry for lost objects and people, and divine for pieces of information. Last but not least, Phoebe could access The Power of Three, the collective power of the Charmed Ones.
Phoebe is a famous columnist, and occasionally a reporter at The Bay Mirror, and is the author of the best-seller "Finding Love".
Powers and Abilities
- Precognition: Phoebe possesses the psionic power of precognition, the ability to foresee in her mind's eye the events of the future. Phoebe's mind can scan the probability spectrum of alternate futures and transmit mental images of the audio-visually observed events that distinguish them. When she relaxes her precognitive abilities she is bombarded by a montage of overlapping mental images. By concentrating, she can focus on only the most probable alternate futures. While she can comfortably scan the alternate futures that exist one second away up until those that exist 15 minutes away, the greater the time factor, the greater the number of alternate futures to scan. Thus, while she can be 97% accurate in her predictions of the future the seconds away or kess, her accuracy decreases as the time factor increases. Her future seeing powers are amplified by proximity to other precognitives, allowing her to see further into the future and with greater accuracy. Despite the limited extent of her certainty, her long-range scanning can be of great use in the early detection of possible random elements that can disrupt her or her partner's plans. The more likely that a particular alternate future will manifest in her reality, the clearer and more distinct her mental impression of it will be. Less likely alternate futures will appear hazy and indistinct. If she leaves her precognitive perceptions fully open, she will "see" an overlapping succession of images drift in and out of focus as probabilities shift and further events transpire. By active participation in the events around her, she can help shift the probabilities toward desired ends.
- Clairvoyance: Phoebe can perceive in her mind's eye past or present events which she has not personally witnessed. With great concentration, Phoebe can use her clairvoyant abilities to its higher potential to psychically "see".
- Empathic Telepathy: Phoebe can psionically project a portion of her own consciousness into an organism's mind. In this way Phoebe can read the thoughts, memories and sensations of that organism, and can even influence their thoughts and emotions. Phoebe refers to this power as "empathic dialogues." The range of her psionic powers is unknown, however tactical contact allows her to search through the deeper recesses of an organism's mind. As a side effect of her psionic abilities, Phoebe's capacity for feeling emotions herself has increased.
- Psychic Suggestion: While in another's mind, Phoebe can implant psychic suggestions in unsuspecting individuals, influencing them to look toward or away from her or escaping detection while walking through a crowded room. She can cause animals or people of low intelligence to fall asleep.
- Psychic Reflection: Phoebe is able to reflect emotions and/or memories back onto an organism's mind, overloading their brain to the point of inflicting psychic shock or death.
- Empathic Healing: Phoebe can draw another organism's emotional pain and anguish into herself and dispel it — though this act causes Phoebe pain proportional to the pain she takes.